Errors on Page Speed with PHP 7.2

FILE: /nas/content/live/mlrdev/wp-content/themes/page-speed/framework/helium/pro/amember.php

FOUND 11 ERRORS AFFECTING 5 LINES

523 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_module_open() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead
523 | ERROR | Extension ‘mcrypt’ is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead
523 | ERROR | The constant “MCRYPT_BLOWFISH” is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2
524 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use random_bytes() or OpenSSL instead
524 | ERROR | Extension ‘mcrypt’ is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead
524 | ERROR | The constant “MCRYPT_RAND” is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2
584 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_generic() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead
584 | ERROR | Extension ‘mcrypt’ is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead
604 | ERROR | Function mdecrypt_generic() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead
630 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_generic_init() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use OpenSSL instead
630 | ERROR | Extension ‘mcrypt’ is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead

Do these appear only when using PageSpeed?
Afik, these are not related to PageSpeed.

Hi Satish,

My host provider WP Engine (you may recall they only host Wordpress sites) is transitioning all sites to PHP 7.2 in December 2018. They also developed a plugin to scan all plugins and the theme for errors and warnings. It’s located here https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-compatibility-checker/ and generates a report which is where I got the errors and warnings from. I have a dev site set up and all seems to work normally but thought you should know.

Thanks

Art

BTW they only appear in the Page Speed report. Maybe it’s more about that amember.php file in the Helium Framework?

1 Like

I will fix them in the next release.

Thanks Satish, great support as always!

That code is loaded only if that extension is present in older versions.
It will not affect you.

Thanks Satish for the update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.