Featured image - how can I add that?

On my previous theme I could select to automatically show the featured image right below the title. How I can do that with the Pro version? Can I add some code to do that?

Since my website is about cooking, it’s very relevant to have those images back. (www.cozinhatecnica.com)

Thanks.

You should try the single column post layout from the layout options. I think it will suit your content better.
Coming to your question, the Ideal way is to use the boilerplate child theme that you can download from the member’s area.

1. Copy the page-speed/template-parts/content-post.php child-theme/template-parts/content-post.php
  2. Add this code after <!-- .entry-header --> in the above file
    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"> <?php the_post_thumbnail( array(800,400), array( 'class' => 'aligncenter' ) ) ?> </a>
  3. Activate the child theme.
  • You have to ideally do via FTP or file manager, don’t do these changes from WP dashboard.
  • Problem with this is, your customizations are linked to the theme name, so you will have to customize again when you use the child theme. Since we are planning on including this feature in the next release, you can directly make this change in the parent theme.

Thanks, it worked great.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.